Check out whats happening....
Good morning everyone, hope everyone is well and staying safe. We know that it has been a challenging couple of months as we all adjust to the new way of life.
We would like to reach out to everyone to provide some updates to what is going on with Hockey Canada, Ontario Hockey Federation and Havelock Minor Hockey Association.
We were on a conference call with all of the groups on June 4th to get an update about how we are going to restart hockey. At this time we will be opening registration beginning June 8 2020, however we will not be collecting registration fees at this time as per Hockey Canada direction. You can see what is happening in the Hockey World at https://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/exclusive/return-to-hockey
We are unsure how things will look moving forward as Hockey Canada and OHF are working on a staged reintroduction of hockey. We will be providing updates to the membership as we receive them.
A couple things to keep in mind.
- As things were canceled before we were able to have our banquet, we are hoping that we can still have it as a reward for getting out of quarantine, maybe an outside venue so that we can still social distance.
- As a township, large group activities have been canceled until August 31 2020
- We are also required to have our AGM to talk about how the 2019-2020 season went as well as discussing things for the 2020-2021 season as well as elections for executive staff and selection of board members. As we do not know the direction that hockey will take and when this will happen, we are hoping to have lots of volunteers to get the season up running once HC gives us the go ahead.
Some of the ideas the HC is looking at to reintroduce hockey(phased approach, goal is to get back to 5 on 5)
- possibly starting with smaller teams with 3 on 3
- full face shields
- coming to the arena dressed
- larger gaps between games so that arena staff can sanitize
- individual water bottles
- limitations on spectators
These are things that HC is looking into that are not set in stone. We should receive updates in the next 4-6 weeks
Thanks again for all you do and if you have any questions please feel free to respond to this email directly or reach out to individual executive members.
Your HMHA Executive Staff